［Entry Qualifications and Teaming］
- Undergraduate students studying in Japan
- 3-4 members (everyone needs to speak at least once)
- International students are also welcomed
- Participants are required to register their team at Google Form ［https://forms.gle/Bv1DjWgcXYNYgxNm7］until October 29, 2021.
- A confirmation email will be sent. Requirements for application are below.
- Deadline: November 12, 2021.
- Participants are required to email:
01. An overview of the plan (800 words in Japanese, Word format)
02. A video clip of small presentations (in English, within 5 minutes, including all participants speaking)
03. Presentation slides (in English, within 15 slides, PDF format)
- All emails are to be addressed to email@example.com
- All the information stated below must be included.
a) Team name,
b) Title of the presentation,
c) University name,
d) Team leader’s name,
e) Team leader’s e-mail address
f) Team member’s name
- A screening of the teams’ documents will be conducted to select the teams to present at final contest.
- Slides are used to the screening. Unnecessary visual effects should be refrained.
- A video can be taken with camera or recorded on the screen.
- No background music is allowed in the presentation.
- You may use any file format (flv, mp4, mpg, avi, asf, wmv) as long as it can be played on regular PCs.
- Participants are allowed to edit the presentation slides (not the contents of plans) after the submission.
［Basic Presentation Rules and Dress Codes］
01. Participants: Each group should consist of 3 or 4 students. Everyone needs to speak at least once.
02. Language: English (Q&A sessions are also conducted in English.)
03. Time: The total time of the presentation should within 15 minutes. Points will be deducted for the shortage/excess of the presentation.
- Timekeeper will ring a warning bell 3 times (at 13 minutes, 14 minutes, and 15minutes).
- Each presentation will be followed by a 5-minute Q&A session.
- Any judge can ask questions.
- Any member can answer questions.
04. Slides: Microsoft PowerPoint (ppt/pptx) format. No limit for the number of slides.
05. You can audio or video during your presentation, but you cannot use BGM.
06. Computer / Internet: Participants are required to use laptops provided by MCJ (bring your own USB pen drives or flash memories). Participants are allowed to edit the presentation sides; however, the contents of plans should not be changed drastically.
07. Dress Codes: Business Professional
08. Time Table: To be announced directly to participants by e-mail.
- Whether the presentation includes rational and practical suggestions or ideas along with the topics.
- Whether the candidates give coherent answers to the questions from judges.
- Whether the presentation contains unique, realistic ideas which prove appealing to the audience and judges.
- Whether the English in the presentations is spoken clearly and correctly.
- Content (50 points) ［Originality, Creativity, Feasibility］
- Delivery (30 points) ［Confidence & Enthusiasm, English Quality, Teamwork］
- Visuals (10 points) ［PowerPoint Organization, PowerPoint Effect］
- Q&A (10 points) ［Response Quality］
- Refrain from visiting or calling San-J International Inc. to make inquiries about the competition. All the questions must be directed to MCJ office by email.
- Participants are allowed to be advised by their professors or advisers.